Where we are...

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Evening Before Departure

Final preparations have been completed....I think. I'll probably remember what I forgot to pack about 2 hours down the road....but for now I feel as though I've got everything stowed away.


Tom has emailed me and says he has "double and triple" checked all his packings so he's ready to go also. All thats left is a good nights sleep for tomorrow's ride.

Tomorrow's forecast appears a bit sketchy. We may run into a few showers between home and Roanoke but nothing real significant. Temps look good starting out in the 50s and climbing into or near 80 as we head south.

The route will be about 600 miles total and I estimate it'll take us about 11 hours. We'll run US29 south into Roanoke and then take I81 south into Tennessee. Then its onto I75 which we'll follow just south of Chattanooga. There we'll grab I24 west dip into Georgia for a bit and then onto Kimball Tennessee, our first day's destination.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good first day... ride safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brand of rack/pack are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg - The rack bag that Tom and I are using is called the Pakit Rak. Very nice system! I'm using mine with a Bushtec V2 trailer hitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome video... amazing what mother nature can do. and looks like traffic was rather light!

    ReplyDelete